The Department of Defense (DoD) has statutory authority to privatize its on-installation utility distribution and systems, leveraging the expertise of utility companies to own, operate, and recapitalize the utility systems serving DoD facilities. This session will present the basics of utilities privatization, policy/guidance updates, and case studies from the Defense Logistics Agency, utility providers, and Federal sites.
Paul Matthews, Manager - Federal Energy Solutions, Dominion Energy
Laurie Carlson, Deputy Director, Utility Services Division, Defense Logistics Agency Energy
Martha Gray, Director, DLA Energy Utility Services, Defense Logistics Agency Energy (DLA Energy)
David Capozzoli, Utility Management Product Line Leader, NAVFAC
Sam Garcia, Key Account Manager, Hawaiian Electric Company
Upon completion of this session attendees will:
- Identify the basics of utilities privatization contracting;
- Identify the DoD policies and guidance on utilizing utilities privatization;
- Identify real world applications of how Utilities Privatization has been utilized to meet DoD installation energy and water goals;
- Identify how DoD Services are implementing utilities privatizations programs; and
- Recognize what utility services can be provided in the utilities privatization.